5.31.2007

One Year

Anniversaries are always weird no matter what they are. It always seems that time flies and yet in some respects goes by so slowly. I can look back over a period of time and see how it went so quickly and yet at the same time feel that the start of it was years ago. Ya know? Time is just a weird deal. It is nearly impossible for me to believe that a year ago today my Dad's life ended. It is even weirder to know that I was in this exact same place when it happened, Nashville Tennessee, Belmont M-fuge. It feels like yesterday. It feels like a moment ago. In some ways it feels like right now. And yet SO MUCH has changed since then. That moment was a Catalyst for so many changes both good and bad. Life looked drastically different a year ago. Family looked drasitically different a year ago. I looked drastically different a year ago.

Time doesn't stop moving. It doesn't wait for you to be okay with the change it brings it just rolls over you as if you weren't even there. I know that God is doing things in me, but I still feel so many times as if I am carrying so many of my own burdens. I wish I was a person who could say, "Blessed be His name no matter what." This is just hard for me. I know that God is good and He is working all things for my good and His glory.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

You have dealt beautifully with the changes that have bombarded you within the past year. no one is perfect, but your faith, perseverance, and grace under pressure amaze me. I love you!

Anonymous said...

I have been, and will continue, to pray for you, and the rest of MFUGE. I can't wait to see you in July!! I know this is a hard time for you, but yet you still never cease to amaze me! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you as well AJ. I agree with everyone else when they say you never cease to amaze me. You are a strong and incredible person. Hope you are doing great.