6.11.2007

I miss my Dad

I sat down at dinner tonight with this man and there was something sarile and familiar about him. I began to talk to him and his wife and soon realized what it was. They were a middle-aged couple maybe in their 50's. It hit me halfway through my dinner that this man reminded me of my Dad. They had so many similarities both in manerism and physcial appearance. He was a bigger guy with tan leathered-like skin. He had freckles and the same hair color as my Dad. He had a bald spot on the top of his head. The more I talked to this man the more it made me feel at home. In that moment I missed my Dad terribly. For the first time in a while I really MISSED him. I would give anything to be able to sit in front of my Dad and just talk to him. It is not a miss like, I haven't seen him in awhile and I would like to see him...it is a deep seeded, permanent miss. I saw that man later at worship and I could barely keep my tears down. he was sitting with his students in worship. It was a very sad moment for me.

1 comments:

Trey said...

Funny AJ, but I was thinking the same thing the other day. I know that my reasoning is way different, but I would do anything to hang with you dad lately. I want you just extend peace to you. Know that you are not alone in those feelings. I hope all is well in Nashvegas. I hope to come visit soon. I mean I will be seeing you in like two and a half weeks. WHOA!! I love you so much!