9.10.2007

funny

I read this this morning and it is definately one of those comical moments with the over zealous disciples and Jesus. I imagined Jesus rolled his eyes as he rebuked them. What were the disciples thinking....I mean picture this happening in your local church. Read and chuckle accordingly...

"When the days were coming to a close for Him to be taken up, He determined to journey to Jerusalem. He sent messangers ahead of him and on the way they entered a village of the Samaritans to make preparations for Him. But they did not welcome him, because He determined to journey to Jerusalem. When the disciples james and John saw this, they said, 'Lord, do you want us to call down fire from heaven to consume them?' But He turned and rebuked them and they went to another village."
Luke 9:51-56

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I so enjoy reading your posts AJ. I wanted to let you know...God has wrecked my life since I first met you a little over a year ago, and he used you so greatly in my change. It was you who really influenced me to read Donald Miller, and I did, and it changed my life. And now this past summer I read Under the Overpass and Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell...and right now I'm reading Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne (amazing, by the way)....and I just can't thank you enough for being the start of it all. I come to find more and more each day that the Christianity I've always known doesn't look anything like being a follower of Jesus. The find of follower that gets the dust from His sandals all over the front of their tunic. I could go on and on...but just know...I read what you write, and I am blessed. And I'm so thankful that God brought you into my life when He did, because it was just at the right time...

Love you AJ