12.04.2007

My first car wreck!

I had one of life's many firsts this past Friday evening. It was my first car wreck! 24 years without a wreck and then smash! I was leaving work at around 6:00 and I pulled into the far right lane headed home on Berry. Berry has three lanes on either side and I was approaching the major intersection that crosses over I-35. The light had just turned green and my lane was smooth sailing. The other two lanes were still stalled and what I didn't realize was that some of the cars had stopped to let this lady who was coming from the opposite direction turn across our lanes into a parking lot. What she didn't realize was that I was in the far right lane. She punched the gas to speed across and just as she did there I was...CRASH!!! Suprisingly there was no damage to my car and little (minus a large amount of black on her front white bumper) to hers. She was very nice and we had a pleasant conversation, but one of the first things she said to me (in a cool London/Ghana accent) was, "I am just glad I wasn't drunk." Yes, yes I am glad about that too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.