5.17.2009

Things I will miss about Fort Worth

I am on the home stretch. I have lived in Fort Worth for nearly 3 years and I am down to my final 6 days here. A lot has happened in the last 3 years and if I were honest I would have to say most of this journey was difficult. However, as I reflect back on what has happened, I am grateful for this time. I have learned a lot, and grown a lot. I had a difficult seminary experience, some circumstantial, some self-inflicted, but I am thankful that I went. The Lord used it and will continue to use it. Though I would never want to go back and relive my time here I want to make sure I look back on it and remain thankful for every thing, the good, the bad and the ugly, because God does use everything for good.

So...what will I miss as I leave this place? Here are just a few things.

1. My kids/job at Morningside. I have had that job since a week after I moved here, 3 years. It is at the top of the list of things I am thankful for.
2. Trinity Trails- This is my favorite place in Fort Worth to run, to walk, to visit, to find peace.
3. The Botanic Gardens- Soooo pretty
4. The combination of no humidity and temperatures from 65-90 degrees because it feels AMAZING outside.
5. People I love at Mckinney church; my students and former co-workers.
6. The Village Church- God is powerfully moving in that place and I am so grateful for attending.. Praise God for podcasts
7. La Familia (best mexican), Babes Chicken (Best food), Taste of Asia (Best Asian), Milano's (Best local Italian)
8. Sprinkles Cupcakes on Dallas days
9. The drive from my house down University...its beautiful
10. Central Market- It's not a grocery store, it's an experience.

0 comments: