1.05.2010

Ethiopian Wildlife

I am back from Africa. It was such a wonderful experience. I have a lot of pictures and a lot to say about it all, but that will take some time. This is the first of many posts and it is only the pictures of wildlife I have. I am VERY disappointed in the way all of my pictures turned out. I have a very old (piece of junk) digital camera that the front slide piece falls off of. So most pictures I tried to zoom on came out very fuzzy. Oh well.
Ethiopia is not an African game country, and therefore does not have many of the well known African animals people often think about when they think of Africa. There are no Elephants, giraffes, lions or tigers. You cannot go on a safari in Ethiopia, but that does not mean there is not wildlife to be seen. There is endless population of monkeys: Baboons, Colobus and Spider Monkeys.
Langano (where I was), is a prominent bird watching region with some of the most beautifully colored birds I have ever seen. We saw Hippos, Donkeys, Cows, Goats, a random large turtle at a restaurant and snakes.
















0 comments: