7.23.2006

Ummmm....good

I had an amazing moment of peace last night. I saw the first sunset I have seen all summer. I drove to Knoxville on Friday after evals for a friends wedding and as I was driving back last night, down out of the moutains the sun was setting. I crossed over the Tennessee river and the sky was filled with pinks and blues and I just wanted to stay there. Those are the things I miss the most, the simple things. I miss having time to sit and be still, to watch, to listen, to read, to feel the wind on my face and know that God is there.
It was a simple, yet effective reminder that whether or not I see it, the sun still sets. It has been setting and it will continue to set. That is God. He rises and sets with me whether I see him or not. His beauty is displayed whether I see it or not.

3 comments:

Katie said...

AJ, my AJ, I love you and I miss you like crazy. I need you in my life just like the ocean needs the waves...(ok, yea, those are song lyrics...funny how I think in song lyrics sometimes - but I know you probably do too - one of the many reasons you're my favorite AJ in the world). Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I can't wait until I see your face again...muah! PS - you are hot...yes, you.

A.J. said...

oh my katie hogue is hot...i miss your butt on my phone (my new phone)....but mostly I just miss you. i need you as well, like water like breath like rain! also song lyrics and yes i think of songs too, but mostly I just think of you! so we should make that seeing each other's faces happen. and ah...i think you're freakin hot too!

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

Well I think you both are pretty amazing and freakin hot.

I know what you mean. I miss those Clemson sunsets so much. They would all but grab you and tell you to slow down and to not miss the life that is happening around you. Columbia just can't seem to produce one like that.