1.05.2007

The last night at home

It is here. It is my last night at home. It is my last night at home for a very long time and I must admit I am very sad. I did not think that I would be. I mean I love where I am in life. I love the world God has given me in Fort Worth. And Bishopville is dreadfully boring. I sit at home (and I mean sit cause I don't have a car, but I did walk to the dentist and the grocery store) from the time I wake up until around 6:00 at night when my mom gets home. But when I"m by myself, the time is pretty rich and when my mom gets home the time is pretty rich. I have prayed that God would push back the darkness that exists in my family and that He would use me where He saw fit to do it. He has been faithful in many ways. And I have seen His promises come true a little bit at a time.
I will be glad to go back, begin another semester, start work, continue to grow, but I will miss my home. I will miss my Mom. She is a miraculous woman.
Just as a side note, I found a very large frog in our den tonight. That type of thing doesn't happen in the city, although we have our fair share of creepy crawly things.

1 comments:

Katie said...

praise the Lord. That is exciting AJ - I'm glad you are seeing Him work. I forgot that you were here for so long, I was thinking you left on like the 2nd or 3rd - I would have totally come to see you on one of those days, and given you a ride to the dentist - although I'm sure walking was much cooler. Seriously, things like that usually are. I will miss you until the next time I see your face! There are lots of frogs on my front porch/windows during the summer, so my friend Ashley and I caught one one time, and tried to train it and teach it to "roll over" and things of the sort one night. It didn't work very well, but it was a good laugh (especially b/c my mom was freaking out that we brought a frog in the house). Gotta love it. Thank you for being one of my very best friends in this whole entire world. I don't know what I'd do without you. I LOVE YOU!