8.29.2007

Jesus is so good. He shows himself more and more faithful to me everyday that goes by. He shows that if you will lay down your baggage and pick up his cross, the burden (miraculously so) is easy and light. I am thankful for so many things, but above all I am thankful for the mercy and unconditional love of Jesus. When I fail, His faithful love most certianly remains. I was reading in Nehemiah for one of my classes tonight and it was talking about Israel when they held a worship service of sorts. They were in captivity in the land they were promised because they were disobedient. They were standing up and recounting the history of Israel and all the things that God had done for them and how many times He had delivered him and almost at the moment of their deliverance they again turned from him. As soon as they found relief they needed him no more. There is one passage that says, "Therefore, you handed them over to the surrounding peoples. However, in your abundant compassion you did not destroy them or abandon them." He handed them over, but he never left them. He NEVER LEFT! Unbelievable!

0 comments: