4.15.2011

The Prague Bridge Band

I have mentioned before on here that I have some friends that I traveled Europe with after college that have since then started a hostel in Europe. My pictures from that trip are some of the first posts on this blog (January 2006) and I posted some pictures of their hostel a few months ago. It was what they felt the Lord calling them to do and though it seemed like an impossibility, it has come true. I have been lucky enough to come back and see this dream in reality; in fact, I am currently typing this from their hostel, Mosaic House. It has been amazing to catch up with them and see their world over here in Prague. April 9th was my roommate, Amy's birthday and she wanted to do something epic for it and Europe was the top of her list. We came over here and have traveled to a couple of amazing places. I have a lot of pictures and a lot to say about this in the future, but right now I just wanted to post this video of the "Bridge Band." One of the famous spots in Prague is the Charles Bridge. The Bridge is always bustling with tons of tourists, vendors and musicians. This band was my favorite for several reasons. Reason #A) There is a very old man playing a washboard with thimble like metal fingertips and he is darn good it. Thing # next) The man playing the trumpet is simultaneously smoking a cigarette, which I find hilarious. Hope you enjoy!

0 comments: