4.23.2012

Hammock

I love hammocks. I think that there is absolutely nothing more relaxing than laying in a hammock on a beautiful day.  I have wanted to live in a place where hanging a hammock was possible.  I know you can buy one of those hammocks that comes on a stand, but it just isn't the same.  Especially, because those are huge and normally have to go out in the wide open with no cover.  The beauty of a hammock is the shade.  One of the things I was looking for in a new house was a yard with hammock hanging trees, so I was pretty bummed when this house that was perfect in every other aspect didn't have that.
I was driving through the city one day and I noticed that there was a hammock hanging on a front porch from the porch ceiling and I got super excited. I hadn't thought to do that before then.  I was going to wait and let Amy's mom do it when she came to visit, because she is super handy, but then one day I just decided that I didn't want to wait any longer and I thought I could get the job done.  I went to Home Depot, got what I needed and within 30 minutes I had this beautiful treasure.  It has been amazing!  I dream about being in it when I am at work!  So lovely and relaxing! Everyone should  have a hammock.

0 comments: