10.25.2006

Home

My mom and beautiful sister
I have been in Texas for nearly 3 months and I went home for the first time this weekend. I spent Friday through Monday in Clemson. It is a true statement that home is where the heart is, not in a cheasy door hanger kind of way, but in a real and familiar sort of way. There is something about the familiar that breaths life into us and allows us the luxury of breathing out deeply.

I was reminded of so many things.

I spent time with or at least saw everyone I could have possibly wanted to see...
Sitting beside my Mom at the game...Much meaningful time with my beautiful sister and Trey...Icecream with my good friend Mark...Breakfast with Jenn...Quality time with Focker at non other than Mcdonalds...catching up with Justin Brock...random fun with Sherman...Pomping the float with people younger than me...tailgating with the Brothel girls in celebration of Carla's soon to be matrimony...tailgating with my girls Beth, Jenny and Focker and their families...hugging Katie Hogue...talking with Sarah, Sandy and Stephanie just like old times...standing with Jennifer now Foster wrapped around my neck and screaming in my ear...seeing one of my students from the summer....fellowshiping at my church DCF through worship and a friendly kickball match...you name it...I did it...and it surely blessed me.

I miss community, my community. It was a truly amazing weekend!

0 comments: