10.10.2006

Too long

Hmm. Its been too long. It feels like years since I have written on here. It feels as if a years worth of events have unfolded in my world and the world around me in that time. The phrase that keeps ringing in my ear comes from a David Crowder song and I know I have posted on this before, but it says, "I feel the depth of our fall and the weight of it all." Man I love life, but life is heavy. LIfe is hard. Life is not what it was intended to be. That saddens my heart when I think about, that this wasn't supposed to be like this. We must pray for each other. We just can't make it on our own.

On a lighter note, chapel today was led by the Korean student fellowship and if you didn't know Southwestern is 40% yes, 40 % Korean. Its crazy. Well the Korean praise band led the music and all I could think about the whole time was the scene in the movie "A Christmas Story" in the Chinese restuarant and the guys are singing, "Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra." And the guy goes, "No, its la la la." It made me laugh. But jokes aside, they led the best music we have had in chapel all year. Chapel music is not a Southwesten high point for me. Bring it on Koreans. I'll worship with you anytime!

3 comments:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

Oh man that movie is a holiday must. I love it. I'm seriously laughing out loud thinking about it.

By the way. I'm way more pumped about the Georgia Tech game because of a little bit of information that I just received about an hour ago. Go Tigers.

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

Hey, i heard the worst song ever the other day. They were saying something about "milk and cereal."

Katie said...

fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra. ohhhh FANTASTIC! Sooo, I spilled the beans to Mark "sleeve" Smyers about you coming to the game...and needless to say - we are both pretty pumped individuals, so when you put us together - we're whoa excited about you coming back to the great state of SC.

You are right. Life is heavy. Good thing we have those friendships that allow us to go deeper into Christ, and deeper into each other. We are fallen and it breaks my heart...but if it wasn't broken I wouldn't realize my need for so much more. For Jesus.

I love you so much AJ. I love your heart. I can't wait to hug your neck.