10.31.2008

The new age of electric wheelchairs

It was a fantasticly, beautiful evening yesterday when I got off of work, so I decided to go for a run. I was moving good and feeling good about myself. I got towards the end of my run and I noticed these two ladies going down the street on those Electric Wheelchairs. I noticed that their wheelchairs were really moving fast and I started thinking about how amazing that technology was and how much better it must be to press a joystick as opposed to use your arms to turn the wheels every step of the way. I also thought how thankful I was that I could walk and run....AND THEN it hit me.... "A.J., those ladies are PASSING YOU. You are running and the ladies in the wheelchairs are passing you." Maybe I was wrong and they have it right.....electric wheelchairs are the way to go. How embarrassing! All I could do was laugh.

0 comments: