11.11.2008

moving......for real this time

I am posting this at the risk of sounding like a person crying wolf. I am moving for real this time. It is no farce. I kind of have to make this one stick because student housing is giving us the boot. I am not sure why, but for some reason when you graduate they want you out of their housing, go figure. So, my roommate and I kind of had this moment about 2 weeks ago when we realized we had a month to find a place to live, sign a lease and move. we looked into a couple of things and some didn't work out and then we found the perfect place. We were driving around, looking for rent signs and calling numbers and we found this little duplex house in the TCU college neighborhood. There were so many criteria a place needed to meet, not because we are picky, but because of where we are at and this place met them all. It is very close to where we live now, but it is in a better location for work for my roommate and I. It is very cute inside and out. It has a two car garage, a driveway, a fenced in back yard for the DOGS we will get!!!!! It is 2 bedroom with a washer and dryer and more importantly we were able to sign an 8 month lease. So in what will surely be a crazy event, we are moving this weekend! We might be dumb because we are in the hard push towards the end of school, but oh well, we are almost done.

Some things I will miss about Carroll Park Apartments
1. CHEAP rent- dirt cheap...its almost like stealing
2. the safety of seminary housing
3. seeing people I know (not know well, just know)
4. its the only place I have lived during this stage of life
5. I have a lot of memories in that house

Some things I will NOT miss about those apartments
1. the paper thin insulation and feeling my bought air slip right through the cracks
2. not being able to have a pet
3. the dwarf size appliances, closests and pantry
4. sharing washers and dryers with people who love to monopolize them
5. some very strange neighbors

0 comments: