11.20.2008

A new house and Sky

I thought for some time that I would be sad leaving my apartment in Carroll Park. The last time we tried to move I got very sentimental (this really isn't like me). As this move-out date got closer and with the short amount of time we found a new house and signed and decided to move, I really thought it would be hard.
The weekend came, Melanie's parents came up to help us out. We spent all day on Saturday boxing up our whole house and carting it over to our new house. We then spent all day Sunday loading a Uhaul truck with our furniture. We moved everything out and when I stood in the middle of my empty apartment, the only apartment I have lived in since I have been here, all I could feel was relief. A cleansing almost...so glad to be out of that apartment. The more time I have spent in the new house, the more I have realized how much I disliked the other place. Cheap rent was the only perk, but hey you get what you pay for.
So, what are the perks of the new house.....? They are endless!

1. We have our own washer and dryer and we did 4 loads of laundry on the first day. This means no more saving quarters, no more setting a timer, no more carrying laundry across the backyard, no more walking in to find that someone has lovingly monopolized every washer and dryer in there.
2. We have a backyard with a wooden fence and a two car garage
3. The walls are all painted cool colors and are not the same mental ward whitewashed color.
4. We have a full size fridge, a large sink and a pantry bigger than a broom closet
5. There are energy effecient windows and no one-inch cracks under our door. this means the air and heat the we buy actually stays in the house
6. The bathtub and sink are not made of cheap plastic that holds dirt and is impossible to clean.
7. We have big beautiful shade trees and are not sitting wide open, vulnerable to the North Texas wind
8. To take out our trash we do not need a key and hiking boots and a flashlight, we just have to walk about 15 yards
9. We live in an amazing location! Closer to my work and Melanie's! Closer to fun things to do and great places to eat!
10. And BEST of all! There is a dog next door named Sky! He is a beautiful husky and he loves attention!

This is not an exhaustive list! I know there are more things! I love going home. It is so fun to be there. Where you live really does make a difference.
I have some many exciting things coming up. Its going to be a whirlwind, but I cannot wait. I the next month i will be in 5 different cities in 4 different states.
...be enjoying my new house
...going to Houston for Thanksgiving
...GRADUATING with my Masters from Seminary!!!!! WOOHOO
...going to San Fransisco
...flying home for Christmas

0 comments: