11.03.2008

Some final hurdles

My roommate had this fantastic idea to create a list of every task that stands between her and graduation, so that every task she completes she could mark off and find herself one step closer to being done with Grad school. I decided to copy her idea...so here it is...

  1. Church Budget Project
  2. Delegation Group Project
  3. New Testament Exegetical Paper
  4. Youth Talk
  5. Student Culture Notebook
  6. 6-year youth ministry strategy
  7. New Testament Final Exam
  8. Admin Leadership Final Exam
  9. Lots of Reading
So, when I complete these tasks, one-by-one I walk one step closer to having my Masters degree, one step closer to completing Seminary, one step closer to closing out this chapter of my life, one step closer to a very uncertain future. I think I will always be glad I had this experience, but I would be lying if I said I was sad it was drawing to a close. I am weary of the fragmented life, of a life lived with my hands in 10 different things (school, part-time jobs, etc.) and not roots to speak of. I am ready for the Lord to move me to a place, a city that I can "build a house, plant a garden" in other words a place, I can invest in and focus my energies in. Though I have no idea where that place is, I trust that as I mark items of the above list, God will lead me in the right direction.

0 comments: