10.04.2009

the lady with the umbrella hat.



On Saturday night I went with my friend Melanie to the Greek festival in Houston. I genuinely enjoy city events like these for many reasons: good food, cultural, something different to do for fun, etc. But my favorite reason for attending events like these is the people watching. It always brings to mind that phrase, "It takes all kinds." I have yet to figure out exactly what "it" is that takes all kinds, but that is beside the point.

You can see some of the most fascinating things at events like this. I enjoy playing this little game where I will pick out the most bizarre or strange thing I see. At this particular event the lady pictured below was the winner. It was raining and instead of carrying an umbrella like most people she was wearing hers on her head. The fact that she was smoking and had a hilarious toothless grin also helped her take the title.

0 comments: