10.06.2010

The Wests



When I look back over the course of my life there are people who I have met who just stand out over the rest and have had a significant impact on my life. The Wests are two of those people. I met them in May of 2006. They were on my M-fuge Nashville camp staff. I met them just 6 days before my dad died. Carrie and I had been paired up as prayer partners for the summer and I remember how much time she spent praying with me and for me...for my family...just sitting with me and listening. I might not have made it through that summer if it wasn't for them. I have seen them from time-to-time over the years since then, but last year, when I moved to Houston, they happened to live 10 minutes from where I did off of the same exit. It was a huge blessing to be so near them again, if for only 8 months. They ended up moving last November, right before I did, and are now in Missouri.
They both came into town yesterday for the Catalyst conference, so I got to spend a few hours just eating with them and catching up on life. They truly are amazing people, who love the Lord and who have loved me well over the years I have known them. I am thankful for their presence in my life.

0 comments: