10.12.2011

renewed hope

I interviewed for a job yesterday that I really, really want to get. This was my second high school English teaching interview. The first one, as documented here, went horribly and left me feeling so discouraged for trying to be a teacher. They really made me feel like I was an idiot for even trying to do alternative certification to get a teaching job...like it was an absurd idea. When I got the email that this most recent school wanted to interview me, I was really nervous that it would turn out the same way. For some reason, when I got to the school today that feeling was gone. I felt confident and hopeful that this time was going to go well.

The assistant principal who interviewed me had done alternative certification himself and now had his PHD. He was so encouraging during the whole interview. He told me that in his experience those who take an alternate route to teaching have been the best teachers. The interview went so well and though I may not be the candidate that they choose at the end of the process, I feel like I am in the running and I have a renewed sense of hope that this idea to teach is possible.

I would really like to teach and coach. I really want this job...so we'll see. Pray for me! If I get it...I am going to NEED it! I should start googling, "How to be an English teacher."

0 comments: