12.14.2005

Closure

Closure? What is the big deal about closure? Saying goodbye when simply leaving an apartment, that is closure. You can't just leave, you have to say bye, shake some hands, maybe give some hugs. You can't send a letter without a stamp. You can't finish a semester without exams. You can't finish college without a graduation ceremony (or can you...?)
I am done with college. I walked into my professors office on Tuesday to hand in my last paper. She wasn't there so I stuck it in her box and stood there for a minute thinking, "Okay, welp I'm done." It was highly anticlimactic and I was feeling rather bummed. Sad that I might walk out of here and nobody would notice, not even me. Then a blessing happend. We had worship night at my apartment last night. Some of the most amazing and fascinating people came. We sang together and when it was wrapping up David Goodman said, "Hey. I think that we should take this time to prayer for the people who are graduating and going out. Daniel, David and AJ, yall get in the middle and we are going to pray for you, for the next chapter of your life. As all three of us knelt down on the floor close together and held hands, 25 people gathered around us, laid hands on us, and in unison "closed out" our time at Clemson. As 25 voices raised to a God I have yet to understand, I couldn't help but cry and feel that I was so incredibly blessed to know these people and that everything was going to be okay. I couldn't help but believe that my time here had come to an end in a very significant way. That is closure.

0 comments: