12.27.2005

Life is happening

"I'm trying to make you sing
from inside where you believe
Like its something that you need
Like it means everything.

And I'm trying to make you feel
That this is for real
That LIFE is happening
And it means Everything."
-DCB
I can't exactly put my finger on it, life that is. It is the strangest feeling that I get in the pit of my stomach at night (when I am in my bed and I have actually stopped to think) that I am experiencing something unbelievabley bizzare and that I have very little understanding of it. It is those moments where I almost have an out of body experience and I take a step back and marvel at how crazy all this is. I look at my hands and watch them move, I attempt, without success, to look at my face without the use of a mirror or mirror like object (this is impossible by the way), I watch as people pass by in cars or on foot or in planes and I think about the fact that they are headed somewhere to their totally seperate, but just as real, lives that I will never know anything about. This feeling that I get in the quiet parts of my day is something that I can't even begin to put words to, when life begins to look like the movies in the sense that it all seems fictional. It is then that the stars come to mind and the sunset comes to mind and the lyrics of this song echo in my heart and shed light on life. You see whether I like it or not, or whether I understand it or not, LIFE is happening. Its happening to me, yet moving past me. The only thing I need to know is that I am here and that that makes all the difference in the world. The simple fact that we are alive means everything and maybe the understanding of that life is found in that. That life is happening and it means EVERYTHING!

0 comments: