12.14.2005

The Sonrise



"I believe in Jesus like I believe in the sun, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" C.S. Lewis

I can't help but believe that there is much significance to the beauty of the sunrise. I woke up this morning, with much reluctance might I add, to go to work. I rolled out of bed, got dressed, pumped myself up and walked out the door. This is what I saw. I stood in the middle of the road awestruck. Within minutes the beauty was creeping back down wherever it is that the colors of sunrises go. I see God in that in such a real, visual way. I think it interesting that God would show his display of color in such a discrete time. Few people are awake, many have yet to stir and yet the sun still rises, mostly unnoticed. It rises and yet few people ever see it. It makes me think that the sunrise is something very special, something I should wake up for more often. The Son has risen and many times the colors of that are shown in such special, discrete ways. If you look hard, you can see it, but if you don't hurrry you might miss it.

0 comments: