3.27.2006

"Fortunately" for me...

So, I'm gonna be honest....I had a crappy night. I mean one of those really just upset and frustrated and trying to hold it all in nights. I was sitting in a Chinese restaurant, silently staring into space and entertaining my sad thoughts over and over again until I really wasn't thinking at all anymore...just staring. And suddenly the fortune cookie portion of the meal arrived. I apathetically cracked it open to see my "lucky numbers" and "chinese for dummies" word and instead I got this message...
"You have so much to be thankful for."
No lie....I've seen it all now. Jesus used Buddha to speak truth into my heart at exactly the right time and place. I mean really...I guess truth can be found anywhere, even in a fortune cookie.

3 comments:

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

AJ....I love ya babe. Im sorry you had a crappy night.

and as a wise old women once told me "aww...tell mama who hurt you." :-)

Katie said...

I love you too AJ...

Anonymous said...

AJ
Never has it been said any better --God does work in mysterious ways! Obviously he felt your pain and agony and the fortune was just his way of reassuring you of that !!
I LOVE YOU
DAD