3.07.2006

"Raisin Hell"

I witnessed a moment of innocent hilarity this morning while I was spending some time with a mother of two.. Her two year old son was there. He was eating raisins and watching Veggie Tales. He suddenly ran over to the table where we sat and began pointing to his nose. He seemed slightly uncomfortable and began sneezing and snotting everywhere. I casually mentioned that he might have stuck a raisin up his nose, you know me and my motherly instincts....or maybe it came from my own mispent childhood. She kind of panicked and tilted his head back not finding anything. He kept pointing and sneezing and so she tried to blow his nose, still not seeing anything. Then all of the sudden he blew and out popped this small shriveled up piece of fruit. That was the end of the raisins for him, she gave him a banana and he went back to watching Larry Boy. Its much harder to stick a banana up one's nose. It was quite an amazing sight. I had never actually seen a kid do that. Everyone should see a kid do that some day, it is a really funny sight.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sure it was rather hillarious - almost as hillarious as when I stuck a tic-tac up my nose as a kid. BUT, I did learn recently that you are NEVER supposed to have peanuts in the house around babies/toddlers/etc. b/c that is the most widely aspirated food - NOT a good thing. It often may cause a small child to have to get a lung transplant if it goes unnoticed. Just a lil' word to the wise out there for all of you who are planning on being parents one day. Just tryin' to help out humanity a lil' -- one peanut warning at a time. :-)

A.J. said...

you are quite the model citizen