4.11.2006

Applications smaplications

I hate applications, maybe more than ab workouts, maybe more than people who come into Einsteins at 2:55 (we close at 3:00) and want a panini of the worst kind and a mocha, maybe even more than pickles do I hate applications. Not really because I hate the application itself, but simply because of the difficulty of the process. Let me explain what I mean. Each school does it totally different. One wants you to print it out and fill it out by hand and mail it in. One has it online (welcome to the 20th century). Some have part online and part by hand. They all want your testimony, or rather "personal statement" but each wants it written in a different way. I've written my calling to ministry about 10 different ways in the last few weeks and I can't even tell you really what my calling is.....to love? people maybe, isn't that we're all called to. And my poor references, I think they now hate me and instead of writing positive things are writing hate mail to the schools about me. And they can't use the same letters, oh no, each school wants it done differently. Geez...I hope that the next stage of life is more exciting than the process of preparing for it.

0 comments: