4.08.2006

Back at square one

So, after months of slamming doors and indecision, I am back to where I started working yet another summer with my favorite camp, M-fuge. On Monday afternoon I turned down a job in Colorado, uncommitting to the only thing that I had comitted to, only to receive a call the very next morning out of the blue from Lifeway offering me an opportunity to work camp another summer. Now, I'm no idiot, I know an open door when I see one and after I got over my initial disbelief and shock at the ride God has taken me on, I readily accepted the position. I will be the Student Leadership Apprentice Director working my second summer in a row at M-fuge Belmont University. It feels good to have something solid and concrete. I thought I had made a mistake somewhere along the line, that I had messed up and made a bad decision and that I was just going to have to pick something I didn't want to do. But I now know that the Lord has me just where he wants me, good thing to...the plank was getting shorter each day.
http://www.lifeway.com/fuge/mission/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey AJ,
I am very glad that you are spending another year with Fuge. You rank at the top (with Whit Goodwin of course) as the most inspiring person I've met at Fuge. It's people like you who make me want to dig deeper and question what I'm trying to do with my life...emphasis on the "I"

Katie said...

It was awesome to hear the assurance and confidence in your voice last night while talking about it...it definitely put a smile on my face. I'm pumped for you AJ & can't wait to see what God has in store for you in Nashville (although I will selfishly miss you not being in Charleston).

Anonymous said...

Well well the eagle has landed!! I never had a doubt that this would happen for you! M-fuge will certainly be blessed by your presence! I am so excited for you!
Love DAD !!!!