9.12.2006

gain in loss

use me, break me, waste me on You, Lord
ruin me, take me, waste me on You
for to die is to live...
to starve is to feast
and less of me is more of Jesus

there is power in the blood
there is victory in Jesus
come in power, wash me clean
overwhelm me with Your presence
there is power in the blood
there is victory in Jesus
help me glory in the cross
help me find my gain in loss

I was listening to this song this morning as I got ready for school. It was one of those mornings that just started slow and less than mediocre. The music was simply in the background and I happened to catch that last line, "help me find my gain in loss." It stopped me in my tracks. I am not there yet. I am nowhere close to being okay with all that I have lost, but that isn't what it is supposed to do. It is simply a prayer asking God to help me get to that place where I consider all loss gain, outside of Christ.

2 comments:

Katie said...

mmm...those are my boys right there. Gotta love a lil' shane and shane (in the morning especially). I love you AJ. We need to talk....soon. I miss you dearly.

Anonymous said...

posted by: bradley bowling

AJ! I hope you know that I am always praying for you. I know that there are things in life in which we are just not able to find the blessing in. It is hard...LIFE is hard, but I know that God will help us get to that place where we do see the gain in the loss in our lives. I LOVE you so much AJ and I hope everything is going well!!