9.29.2006

in your eyes

If it is true that they eyes are the window to the soul, I feel as if other people's eyes are the window to mine. I see something in somebody else that I don't like, something that rubs me the wrong way and all too soon I realize it is not them at all, but rather my own ugliness staring back at me. C.S. Lewis says, "We frequently see things in other people we don't like about ourselves."
You can tell a lot about a person by looking in their eyes or noticing whether they look into yours. I know, somewhat, what they reveal to me. I often wonder what they reveal about me to the world.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Blue eyes, you are all that I need."

Eyes really do reveal so much about a person. You and I know it did me. But, know that you have helped me learn how to look deeply into the souls of people, and I am beginning to be able to allow others to look deeply into my soul... You Are LOVED!