9.17.2006

Something I read...

I read this today in a book speaking about suffering and how it forms us. I found it rather intriguing and hit me that in the middle of my own suffering God may just be working out something in me to mature me.

"It would seem that in this situation, feelings of malice, the disturbance of being opressed, aimless hate, irritability, and nervousness ought to mulitply. But you yourself do not notice how, with the impalable flow of time, slavery nurtures in you the shoots of contradictory feelings...
Formerly you never forgave anyone. You judged people without mercy. And you praised people with equal lack of moderation. And now an understanding mildness has become the basis of your uncategorical judgements. You have ocme to realize your own weakness- and you can therefore understand the weaknesses of others...your soul, which formerly was dry, now ripens from suffering."
"Suffering is preparation for ministry in a world of suffering."

1 comments:

S.D.G. said...

i miss you aj ... i hope you know i'm praying for you. i ran into molley moody a couple weeks ago and she may end up being a "mentor" to me of sorts. i'm excited about it. in a couple weeks a bunch of the slayers are meeting in atlanta for a mercy me concert...i so wish you could come!! it's going to be amazing to see everyone's beautiful faces again!!

love to you, my friend. and the richest of God's blessings...

love, jenny