9.08.2006

Oh Back to School

So, I have a job now. I am the newest teacher for the after school program at Morningside Middle school. Crazy. I am in the heart of the ghetto teaching everyday for 3 hours. It is a neat program really. I get to teach two classes of my choosing and develop my own curriculum. I am doing one on Creativity/Photography and the other one is a Survivor type theme. It will be about the outdoors and survival. It should be interesting. I have been working for a week here and love it so far. The kids are hard, but they are fun. I really hope that God uses me in huge ways here to impact the lives of these students. They dont' have much and they don't have Jesus.
I am sure I will have many exciting stories coming from here to post and share with you. Look foward to that!

1 comments:

Katie said...

I talked about you tonight. I had an 'issue' with a mint that I got when leaving a restaurant, and I said something about it and said "it's quite the "predica-mint" and laughed. Mark didn't laugh very hard, but I told him you would have appreciated it very much, and that we would have probably proceeded to use puns such as those for the next hour. it would have been delightful. so, there you have it AJ....I miss you. :-)

oh, and I want to come teach with you...ghetto kids, photography and outdoor survival...SIGN ME UP. think of the possibilities.......