11.22.2006

A good family friend died yesterday. She was 28, mother of a 5 year old daughter. I went to church with her forever. She played piano and her and her husband both helped in the youth group and have both extensively battled cancer. He can barely speak because of his cancer and her's finally overtook her. It makes my heart so sad. They just never got a break and it just makes me wonder ya know? Is this life worth it? We are about to go the wake. I wonder how that family will celebrate Thanksgiving. I wonder how I will celebrate Thanksgiving this year.
Man, I am so thankful for so many things. I am thankful for life and health and my family. All these things are given to us, they are not ours, let us not deceive ourselves into thinking we have control over anything because we do not. Every minute is one to be embraced, cherished, thankful for. Lord, help me be thankful! Lord, help me live and walk in your truth and your promises and not waste a moment of this life chasing after the wrong voices. Comfort that family as only you can.

0 comments: