11.14.2006

Man, I have become a slacker here on this. I should have so much to write about because so much new is happening. I am growing, more and more I am finding. I am thankful, oh so thankful that I came here. Yes, it is frustrating at times and yes it is a VERY conservative school (women shouldn't work, etc.) but foundation is what I needed. I had no idea how unstable I was, or I had become before being here. I was so independent from God. I really operated out of my own sense of ability and confidence because I felt so on top at Clemson. And then so many areas of my life fell apart...loss, sadness, death...and I needed this experience, this place, this school to keep me firm. Now, many things are a daily struggle. I get sad and I miss home, but I am thankful for this experience and I cannot believe my first semester is nearly over.
God is shaping me for something unique. He always has been. My heart breaks for those around me who will not keep the faith, both those who don't know and those who know, but turn away. Lord, don't let me end up like them, disqualified at the end. We press in and we press on. We daily choose to believe that the way of Jesus is truth and we stand firm in that faith.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Amen. Press on AJ. Love you!

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

What she said :-)