2.09.2009

Mosaic House

I started this blog a little over three years ago, in December of 2005. In January of 2006, after my college graduation, I took a trip to Europe with 3 guys I was friends with in college. The Lord had given them this vision to open a hostel as a ministry over there. At that point in their lives it was only a dream, one they had no idea would actually become a reality with such a strong presence of God's working upon it. I was really just along for the ride, I mean I had no job and who wouldn't want to go to Europe. While we there we randomly met two different people would become integral parts of this hostel process. One, a young guy working in a hostel with the same vision and a lot of European connections, and Two, one of the most successful hostel owners in Prague, Matthias. We ate lunch with Matthias one day and the guys asked him all types of questions. Three years ago, they had no idea he would be a primary investor in their endeavor. David, one of the guys, and his wife have been in Prague for a year now working for Matthias while the construction of the Mosiac House, their hostel is underway. Daniel, the second guy, has lived in Texas as long as I have doing various ministry jobs and is now the Pastoral assistant to Chris Seay at Ecclesia in Houston. I was in Houston this past weekend and I went to that church and as I sat back and listened to Daniel pray I thought back through the experiences we all shared over there. He is moving to Prague in 4 weeks and he and David will be the managers or their dream, the Mosaic House.

Though I will not be moving to Prague and though it was not my vision, I feel like I have shared in the hope of its realization this whole time. I am amazed at how the Lord has accomplished this vision through these guys. This vision was fun and cool and interesting, but very difficult to carry out. It is one thing to start something in your home country, but moving to another one to begin something like this is nearly impossible and yet, it has happened with amazing ease.

I wasn't a skeptic, but maybe I was. Maybe I doubted that the Lord would do it or that He could. And even now I think that just because He did it for these guys, doesn't mean He would do something like that for me. But more and more, I am believing in Him and in the power of believing in Him; that He can do all things and that if we follow Him, no matter what He asks, He will do anything. I would love a vision from the Lord about His path for me and the crazy youthful faith to believe, not only that He can, but that He will accomplish it.

0 comments: