2.16.2009

Sunsets do not wait


The most beautiful things in life happen in the moment. For instance, sunsets and sunrises do not wait on anyone to stop what they are doing and take them in. They simply are and then they are gone. It only takes moments for something like this to pass us by; while we are saying, "Hold on I have to finish this or that" or "in a minute, I am busy." Those moments we spend putting off the sunset cost us an amazing amount of beauty. The sun will still be setting, but the majesty may already be gone. This was the sky that greeted me as I left work one evening last week. As I stood in the school yard and snapped this photo it hit me how quickly these moments change and how easy it is to miss them if you are not paying attention. Living in the moment all day long is like a thousand of these views over and over again.

0 comments: