2.22.2009

Something that really irriates me.

I went to Target today with my roommate to get some groceries. We load my car up afterward and there wasn't a cart return close on our aisle so Melanie walked across the next aisle to return our cart. I started the car and as I was waiting I noticed about 6 carts within about 10 yards of me that had either been left in a space or pushed up onto the curb. I hate that kind of thing. How hard is it to return your shopping cart to the proper place. It probably took Melanie 15 seconds total to walk over and back. I know that I have plenty of my own moments of selfishness and laziness, so my righteous indignation is probably not warranted. However, hundreds of people shop at Target and Walmart and places like that and because some people do not think they can spare 15 extra seconds somebody who gets paid minimum wage is going to spend several extra hours rounding up stray carts all over the parking lot. But that's the problem with us...all we think about is us. Forget the man whose job it is to gather the carts (they do not gather themselves), I cannot possibly spare 15 seconds.

0 comments: