3.03.2009

Dreyer's Slow Churned


Tomorrow will mark the end of the first week of my Lenten journey. Giving up baked goods has been difficult (because they are everywhere), but I have found my solace in the fact that icecream, one of my favorite things on earth, is NOT a baked good. And all the people said, "Amen."

I LOVE ice cream of all kinds, from all places, at all times. This past year I discovered Dreyers Slow Churned, which is 1/2 the calories and fat, and in my opinion, ALL of the taste! I like every flavor I have tried so far and last night may have topped them all. I bought Strawberry Cheesecake. Now I love Ben and Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream with its thick graham cracker crust layers, it is fantastic! And of course Ben and Jerry's is about as unhealthy as you can get in the ice cream world. I didn't expect much from the Slow churned version, but it was FANTASTIC!!!! It had it's own layer of that delcious graham cracker crust and I think it tastes pretty similar to good ole' Ben's version, but with only 120 calories in a 1/2 cup serving as opposed to 1 billion calories in the other.

So, if you're in the store and you want some ice cream without the damage, pick up some Dreyer's (or where I am from Edy's) Slow Churned.

0 comments: