3.16.2009

Something I do not understand

I saw something recently that I just don't understand. I have seen this before and it baffled me then as well. I was eating at the Magnolia Pancake house, or as its German patrons call it "haus," in San Antonio, TX and I went into the restroom. When I walked into the stall the toilet had one of those sensory operated plastic toilet seat cover dispensers. This "wasn't a do it yourself if you like that sort of thing version." This was "if you don't want to sit on plastic while you go, you're out of luck version." Now I understand that some people have an aversion to touching any toilet seat anywhere, and those are the people who would appreciate this invention. I am just not one of those people. In fact, I find that plastic covering more unsanitary than the plain ole' seat. I do not know if the one currently covering the seat is used or not. Then if I press the sensor and the current cover disappears, where does it go? How does the new one pass through the same portal and not become unclean?
What I would really like to do is just walk in and not have to think about any of this. These plastic seat covers really ruin that for me. I just don't understand them. In the words of one of my coworkers, "Sick, gross and repulsive!"

0 comments: