8.15.2010

2000 copies is a lot of copies...

On Thursday afternoon I was trying to finish up some work, specifically a document that I had revised multiple times already and I needed to print about 100 copies of it. One of my bosses came and found me and sat down and began to reformat the document I was almost done fixing. 2 hours later he was still messing with it and at around 7:30pm (2 hours after I was going to leave work) he left and his parting words included wanting the document stuffed in the Grace Notes for Sunday as well as placed in all of the welcome tents, info windows and stapled with calendars and cards in the box of every staff member and elder. Now this was the moment I felt a little sick to my stomach for the following reasons:
A) It was Thursday night at 7:30pm (As previously stated) and I don't work on Friday or Saturday and those were the only days between that moment and Sunday morning...when they would need to be printed by.
2) The Grace Notes alone means 2000 copies...front and back.....color.
F9) The document wasn't done...after 2 hours of messing with it I still had to spend another 2 hours fixing it...

So, I borrowed a key to the church and I spent my Saturday night and part of early Sunday morning making copy after copy. It took 3 hours and I didn't finish until 1:30am. Here is a picture of what 2000 copies looks like.

0 comments: