8.07.2010

Summers top 5...or 6....or maybe more

Even though the summer is not over, school is starting, and when that happens, I consider summer done. If only the heat index agreed with me. This summer has really been a full one. One full of random fun, road trips, parties, etc. I decided to do a little summer in review post with my top favorite things. These are not in order of favorite, simply in order of when they occurred.

1. 10k and Flying Biscuits
- I talked some fine folk into running a 10k with me at the beginning of the summer. It was a random little race in Suwannee, GA. The best part (other than the part where Lauren got a trophey for being 2 out of 2 in her age group) was eating at the Flying Biscuit afterwards.

2. Road trip out west....the Grand Canyon, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite....what could be better. There is rarely a week that goes by that I don't wish that I was still there. It was amazing.

3. Picking strawberries at Washington farms in Loganville. One for the bucket...one for my mouth. They were yummy....so much yummier than the store. It is a shame it is only open for a short amount of time.

4. Birthday Extravaganza- Lauren and Amy took my to the mountains....I LOVE THE MOUNTAINS. Could there be anything better than mountains and waterfalls and sliding down waterfalls into water?....I submit that there can not.

5. Christmas in July- I like parties. I like coming up with random reasons to have get togethers and I like calling them extravaganzas. We recently had a Christmas in July Extravaganza with outfits, potluck (the potluck struggled a bit bc the guest list was 20 somethings), a white elephant gift exchange and of course, the movie Elf.

6. Chicago Road trip- This is the most recent summer occurrence.....a quick road trip up to Chicago. A super fun city, great company, amazing food and my first half marathon done.

Now maybe the heat will die down and usher in MY FAVORITE time of the year!!!! THE FALL! This will be my first fall back in the southeast and I am stoked!

1 comments:

Melanie said...

that all sounds really fun. I'm so glad you moved back to the southeast and are having so many great experiences!

My mom thought so too!