8.03.2010

13.1....done.

This weekend I completed my first half marathon and I didn't die. I have always wanted to accomplish this and it feels really good to have done it. I went in with an idea of about how fast I could complete the race and I ended up doing better than I thought, which is always nice. I finished in 2 hours and 4 minutes, which is under 10 minute miles.

The winner finished in 1 hour and 6 minutes.....a mere 5 minute mile or so.....maybe next time?....probably not ever! I am sure the winner did not have a sister jump into the race twice and run with them just to show their support and love. And I am also sure they did not have a lovely friend bring them a bagel at the finish line! I am a blessed girl indeed.

I was excited about my time and all-in-all I felt pretty good. I did, however, after I finished, ask myself, "Do I really want to do that twice?" The training for the full marathon begins promptly...as in, I shouldn't let myself lose the ground I have already worked hard to get to, but seriously.....double 13.1? I should probably put off thinking about that for at least a week and enjoy the current feeling of accomplishment.

0 comments: