2.02.2011

"our booth"

Every Wednesday morning at 8am for a long while now I have been meeting with some girls at Panera. Sometimes it is just me and one girl, sometimes it is 5 or 6 and sometimes it is just me. Regardless of who shows, there are some things that never change: First, what I order. I order a cinnamon crunch bagel, sliced and toasted with honey walnut cream cheese and a coffee in a mug. I have ordered this so much that the staff knows what I get and they start fixing it when I walk in. The second thing that never changes is where we sit. There is this one half sided booth with an outlet near it and that is where we always sit. Now this morning I walk in and go to set my stuff in "our booth" and low and behold there is a bag and jacket there. It belongs to a man who just walked in seconds before me and apparently doesn't know how things work at this Panera on Wednesday mornings...he must be unaware that that is "our booth."

What is funny about this is that I would probably say I am just kidding, but in all honesty I did feel a little bit like that when I first saw his stuff. I had that feeling you have when you are a kid when someone has taken your desk, your seat at lunch or your place in the car and you really do believe in your heart of hearts that it is your possession and that everyone should be aware of that and act accordingly.

So, I am in another (less comfortable) spot facing they guy is intruding on my morning and giving him a look of disaproval every now and again in hopes that he will pick up on the hint and in the future plop himself elsewhere.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Just be glad your Panera is not now a "Panera Cares Cafe"...then that guy in your booth would probably be homeless :(