2.28.2011

1 year later

I am currently sitting in the same spot, in the same Starbucks, that I sat over a year ago now, hearing about the possibility of moving to Georgia and working at Grace Fellowship Church. It is a weird feeling. This place, that at that time felt strange and unfamiliar, now feels familiar. I was living in Houston at the time, unemployed, with no direction and no idea what was going to happen. As I met with these people they told me about job possibilities that I had no interest in...Women's ministry? I don't want to do women's ministry. I want to work with students. That is what I have always done. That is what I just finished going to seminary for. I have now been here, working at Grace, for more than a year in this job that I didn't really want, but felt I was supposed to take. And though I have never felt that the Lord really brought me here for this specific "job" the Lord has been faithful to open up a door for me to transition into the job that I want. I am on the cusp of moving into a position with the student ministry department.
It has been a long hard year in some regards. I am sure that I will begin looking back and processing all that happened and hopefully begin to realize all that I have learned. It is in seasons of trial and winter that we learn more than in seasons of blessing and fruitfulness. Right now, I am just thankful that this opportunity has come and that it has come so quickly. Though a year can seem like a long time, it really isn't in the grand scheme of things. I certainly didn't imagine getting this chance this quickly. Over a year ago, when I sat in this spot in Starbucks I would not have imagined that I would be sitting her now, saying these things, nor can I imagine now what the next year will look like. I could be sitting in this same spot a year from now, saying the same things. I guess we will see.

0 comments: