2.14.2010

it is funny.....now.

Right now I am living at my sister's house until I can find a place to live. Two days in a row last week I ate a cut up apple with peanut butter on it. This past summer I became obsessed with "straight from the peanut, peanut butter" (grind your own peanut butter from Whole Foods). It has no sugar and I suppose that makes me feel like I am doing my body a favor, plus I enjoy the way it tastes. Anyway, we didn't have that type of peanut butter here so I found a jar in one of Lauren's cabinets and used that for my apple. Now there was also a jar in the pantry, but I assumed that it was unopened, so I stuck with the jar in the cabinet. There wasn't much left in this jar, so the second day I ate this snack I finished it all up and put the jar on the counter to be recycled.
Later that evening I was sitting on the couch and Lauren was in the kitchen when she suddenly picked up the empty jar and asked me, "Did you use this peanut butter from the cabinet?" I said yes, not thinking anything of it and she immediately burst out into laughing hysterics. Here is the conversation that followed:

Me- What is so funny?
Lauren- That was Maddie and Bailey's peanut butter (her 2 basset hounds)
Me- What do you mean it was Maddie and Bailey's peanut butter?
Lauren- I use it to give them their medicine. I dip the spoon back in the jar after they have licked it!!!!!!!!!!! (Insert laughter here)
Me- Please tell me that you are joking!
Lauren- No.....(Insert loud laughter here) You should have known not to use it since it wasn't in the pantry with the rest of the food.
Me- How was I suppose to know that Maddie and Bailey get their very own jar of peanut butter? I just assumed somebody put it in a strange place.
Lauren- More and more laughter

We told my mom this story and she sided with me.....that she never would have thought it was "do not eat because it contains dog saliva peanut butter." She also said she would have just thought someone put it in a strange place. From now on I will ask before I eat something not in the pantry! YUCK!

0 comments: