2.13.2010

snow memories.

The only time it really snowed where I grew up was when I was about 6 years old. When I say "really snowed" what I mean is actually snowed enough to stick to the ground and play in. Snow in Bishopville, S.C. was somewhat of an anomaly. For a little kid, snow is one of the most exciting things in the world. This day that it snowed so big was a very sad day for me however, because I had the flu. Yep, I had the flu and I had to watch my sister and brother build a snowman with our dad from our glass window porch. This is snow memory number 1.

Snow memory number 2 was when I was in middle school. This time was not as big as the first, but it was big enough to have some fun in. My best friend at the time lived behind me and she had a small field beside her house. Her dad had attached a trash can lid to the back of their four wheeler and was pulling us around through the field. It was a blast. The lady from the local newspaper stopped by and wanted to take some pictures of us. I hopped on the sled and as my friends dad sped up and took a sharp turn he cut it a little too close to the fence and slung me under the metal chain linked fence. I had very large cuts all up both legs and that is where the sledding ended for that day.

Yesterday, was snow memory number 3. This is the most snow that I have ever experienced in real life. It snowed 6 inches in Atlanta. Up until this point in my life I had only made sadly small snowmen, no taller than around a foot. This day however, I made life size snowmen and it was amazing! Nobody was home, so I did it by myself and I think I actually have a knack for it. I would never want to live in a place like Minnesota where they see snow all the time, but I would not mind having a few days like this one a year. It is really beautiful.



0 comments: