2.08.2010

Jesus heals with a wet willy

I made it one of my goals for this year to read the Bible through in it's entirety. One of my chapters for today was Mark 7. The thing I love about Mark is how it is that it is basically a short and to the point summary of Jesus and His ministry. He doesn't elaborate much, he just gets to the point. But here in Mark 7 he is recounting an episode where Jesus is asked to heal a deaf and mute man. I almost want to believe that the details of that healing are in here to make us laugh. Don't you love when you read the Scriptures and they say something that is hilarious and you find yourself not believing that it is actually in there? So here is the verse...

33 And He (Jesus) took him (the deaf, mute man) aside from the multitude privately, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spat..."


I read this and I thought..."Jesus, just gave that man a wet willy...that is AWESOME!"
Jesus can heal anyway that He so chooses, it is one way we know He is God in the flesh. I think if I had power to heal I would also choose to use a wet willy to do so.

0 comments: