4.11.2010

my sister.

I posted this a few weeks ago, but I am re-posting it because I think it got lost in all of the posts about Jordan and because my sister and Trey just launched their cycling website and it is amazing. Check it out here.


The beautiful girl on the right, making the funny face, is my sister, Lauren. There are few people in the world that I admire more than her. Our birth order does not keep me from looking up to her in so many ways. She was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes last September. In many ways this disease has brought great pain to our family. My father and uncle had it and my brother was diagnosed when he was 13. Lauren has recently decided to fight back against it all. The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation puts on rides for the cure all over the country and you have raise around $4,500.00 to participate. These are road bike races at different mileage levels. Her and her husband, Trey, will be riding on September 12th at Lake Tahoe. Click here to view her website that contains her picture, her story, and a link where you can help. They are spending the next several months training and raising support. She is actually planning a massive 2 day yard sale in May and collecting other's "treasures" to sell to raise money.
I am proud of her for so many reasons. I am proud because of the amazing woman she is. I am proud because of she has faced this huge challenge with grace and strength and I am proud of her for having the courage to fight back. Love you sister. You are the greatest sister in the whole world!

0 comments: