3.20.2011

Lent Day 12

Opening Prayer:
Let us pray
for the grace to respond to the Word of God.

God our Father,
help us to hear your Son.
Enlighten us with your word,
that we may find the way to your glory.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

The Readings: Genesis 12: 1-4; Psalm 33: 4-5, 18-19, 20, 22; 2Timothy 1: 8-10; Matthew 17: 1-9

Daily Meditation:
Listen to him.
It is wonderful to begin this week

acknowledging that we need God's help in listening and hearing.

It is so powerful to ask for the "gift of integrity" -

to express our desire for wholeness.

And, we humbly ask for light in the midst of whatever

might "shadow our vision."

This is the God who allows Jesus

to be transfigured before his disciples,

to prepare them for what they were about to face.

This is our God, who can give each of us

the change of heart we ask for.

May your kindness, LORD, be upon us,
we have put our hope in you.

Psalm 33:6

Intercessions:
Let us give glory to God, whose kindness knows no limit. Through Jesus Christ, Who lives for ever and ever to intercede for us,
let us pray:
Kindle in our hearts the fire of your love.

God of mercy, let today be a day rich in good works,
-a day of generosity to all we meet.
From the waters of the flood you saved Noah through the ark,
-from the waters of baptism raise up to new life those under instruction.
May we live not by bread only,
-but by every word falling from your lips.
Help us to do away with all dissension,
-so that we may rejoice in your gifts of peace and love.

Closing Prayer:
Loving God,
there is so much darkness in my life
and I hide from you.
Take my hand
and lead me out of the shadows of my fear.
Help me to change my heart.
Bring me to your truth
and help me to respond to your generous love.
Let me recognize the fullness of your love
which will fill my life.
Free me from the darkness in my heart.

0 comments: