3.26.2011

raynaud's.

I have a disease. It is called Raynaud's syndrome. It is where my extremities will periodically turn white and tingly. It is normally just 1 or 2 fingers at a time or 1 or 2 times or even sometimes spots on the bottom of one of my feet. It has something to do with poor circulation. It happens a lot in the winter time when it is cold. It even happens when I have really good socks and shoes on and I can always tell when it is happening. I didn't know what it was until one day my roommate, who is a nurse, told me it was Raynaud's. I didn't believer for the longest time and she would give me a hard time about it when it happened. Then she showed me pictures and sure enough the pictures looked just like what happens to me. Here are my fingers today...



It wasn't even that cold. It was high 50's and rainy, but not really cold...and it wasn't like those fingers were the only two exposed. It is the strangest thing. It always takes a while for the color and feeling to come back. It looks freaky. I freaked some students out today. They thought it was weird. I agree...it is very weird.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the exact same thing. The pictures of your hands could actually be mine! As soon as it starts to get cold it happens. Also in cold grocery stores from pushing the cart.