9.22.2010

Fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today marks the first day of my favorite time of year! Can you guess what it is? If you know me, you can. It is the first day of FALL! You wouldn't know it if you are a Georgia resident because today you are experiencing 90 degree temperatures still, but there is the hope that those will subside and give way to amazing, crisp fall mornings very soon. This will be my first fall season back in the southeast. I enjoyed my years in Texas, but the thing I mourned there the most was the lack of an official fall season. The southeast does the fall quite well and I am super excited about it!
The official season change happens at 11:09pm this evening. My roommates and I plan on ringing in this season with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to celebrate! Sounds like a great idea right? Here is a list of my favorite things about this time of year. These are in no particular order...

  1. It is college football season. Go Tigers!
  2. The temperatures outside feel amazing and make me feel alive! You can be outside all of the time and that makes me happy.
  3. The leaves...the orange, red and yellow colorful leaves cannot be beaten. It is, in my opinion, the most beautiful thing nature does all year.
  4. Hiking and camping. It is the perfect time of year to hike and camp and I could do those activities during every free moment I have if it were possible.
  5. Pumpkin things....pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, etc. Yumm!
  6. Cotton season. When I was a kid this time of year meant we got to jump in the cotton wagons on our farm. My dad would fill them up and we would play and play. It was one of my favorite childhood things.
  7. Sweatshirts and fleece jackets.
  8. The holiday season. Fall gives way to the beginning of the holiday season, which I just think is fun. It starts with Halloween and moves into Thanksgiving and then, of course, Christmas.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, huh? I remember making multiple batches of those with someone one "Fall" in Texas. You enjoy those little roommate. The cake of the month next month is a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pound Cake. Somehow, even though I've spent every Fall in Texas, it is also my favorite season. Fall in Portland will be interesting....and cold! and probably wet... Love you!